29 September 2006

Reeker

Having finished a long ass day at work I thought I'd go home and chill and have myself a coupla brewskies and go straight to sleep. But I got a kite from Pi that he was moving and needed some help with moving and what not. I went through and did the whole putting shit into boxes thing and lifting heavy shit. If there is nothing I hate more than moving it's working, especially if I dont like what I'm doing. I seriously despise that shit! FYI: I also found out that moving is the second most stressful thing to a human being. Ever! Divorce is at number one with being stuck in traffic and arguing with spouses right behind. Just a little info for you to talk about at high tea. :)

Anyway as an incentive for helping with the move he asked me to roll with him to a movie premiere last night out in Hyde Park at the Nu Metro.
To some movie called Reeker. I was under the impression it was a South African horror flick but I was to learn that it's an American horror flick with South African actors. Or something like that. Hey, as long as it's got the SA stamp on it I'll support it.
Anyway, as usual there was the snacks and drinks and shit which are pretty standard at these kinda gigs. Highlight of them all though were the salmon samies. Mmmm...salmon...*droool*

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I still dont see the resemblance.

So we bumped into The Rock and The Zin too who came to check it out too. It's the first time I've actually seen him smile in a pic. For a guy like him you'd think he'd smile more often. Umm actually on second thought, maybe not.

And then next thing you know this chick comes outta the blue with this camera guy...

...and asked the Rock to do a plug for a show called Famous. I think it went something like: "Hi I'm The Rock, and when I'm not rocking the mic or making plans to take over the world, I watch Famous on..." HAHAHA!

Remember the opening credits of Pinky And The Brain:
"So what are we going to do tonight Brain?"
"Same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!!"
Ah, I loved that cartoon.

Good little fruity thingy's too. Unfortunately I cant give you a review on the flick cause I didnt even stay around to watch it. Yeah I know what you thinking "You blacks are all the same innit". Well I say"If it's free and it's for me, I'll take three!" LOL!

Went home to the guys asking me if I was keen on going to Cappelo's for a birthday smash. I'll pass. But it is Friday(and payday) so I'll redeem me self good and proper.

11 comments:

janine_j said...

nothing like some free food... but fruit? where the chicken at?

Heartwarmer said...

You guys look exactly the same suave.

Suavé said...

HEY!!!! Retro where the frig have you been gurl? I've missed your company chica. That's totally not cool, dont ever do that again without saying you bouncing you hear! :)

Yeah dont worry, the chicken was long gone! You know that's the first thing we for innit?!?

Heartwarmer > Exactly the same? Udunno bout that hey. You know I hear people say that all the time but I still don't think so. But I guess you are the better one to judge than myself hey.

Suavé said...

Spark > Erm...Spykos? Who's that? HAHA!

janine_j said...

hey my boy fluff, j, is shoulda left a heads up on my blog b4 i disappeared, but you know how these things go. you actually do look like pi, your resemblance is stronger than him and his bro casual t

Suavé said...

Yeah cool. I still refuse to believe but I'll take your word for it. My ma always said, if more than one person tells you the same thing then it's true so I'll put the guns down and surrender.

Hey Retro, if I said something like Afro-Girl-J or maybe Young Loy does that ring a bell to you? If this is making no sense then just ignore it m'kay.

guppa said...

suave,

you're a bit of a legend. have a rip-snorter of a weekend.

guppa

Suavé said...

Fanks Guppa! Funny you mention that cause in High School my nickname was "Lil' Ledge". For real, no lies. I'm not tooting my horn or nuffin but...yeah.

Imma rip it apart buddy! You do the same ya hear, cause it's lekker hot down here in J-Section. I guess its the same in India too innit.

Anonymous said...

i said NICE ONE BRUVVVAA.

Good on you for doing the eat and retreat.

The other thing people say is that all black people look that same, but i gotta side with you on this one dude, you okes look nothing alike

later

Suavé said...

NOICE ONE BRUVAAAAAA!!! You see O-D, it's times like these when I really dig your stees! Yeah, that's what I been telling 'em but they dont listen. I've looked and looked but I still dont see it. Ah well...

Oh and I guess that what they say about blacks. But I'll be dead honest I really think all white poeple, especially the chicks, look the same. Maybe it's because you find that a mojority of them dress alike. I'm not discriminating here, I'm just telling it as I see it. My sister school was Rustenburg Girls so i know what I'm talking bout ;)

Buzzing'Fly said...

captainfabulous.... i must admit, love these doos for just that. Free stuff. ;)

Been maxing and relaxing and chilling the freak out in sunny Maputo and must say, its been too cool.

Hope u had yourself a crazy weekend and checked out Mr Scruff 4 mwa after all my punting and all...

bak in town end next week for a few dayz, we coord a ole or two ya. later fluff

x