26 September 2006

Mind Your Head

Saturday 23 September 2006

On Saturday me and my friends decided to actually go through to the Mind Your Head thing out in town, despite the confusion in my previous post about a particular gig that was happening I found out that its actually a place where things happen on a regular basis as opposed to a one time thing. Go figure. Anyway now that that's over with, let's get on with the post

So probably a lot of us out there were doing this on Saturday. Okay maybe not at Ten in the morning but daytime none-the-less. I was all like: "Hey there big fella, you a bit cold. Lemme hold you nice and tight and warm you up a bit" obviously in my head of course. HAHA!!! Let's hear it for morning drinking. Whoo Hoo! And dont give me that look, you know you've done it before. Yeah buddy, what took you so long? Shit, we been waiting for you.
Notice, if you will,the level of green there is outside my balcony window. I swear you would think you were out in the tropics or someshit when you look out the windows.

This is what I fucken love about the summer! Motherphucken sun, fun and beer. Oh and of course there are the bitches...oops I'm sorry, I mean ladies. (Sorry ladies, just a slip there. Pwomise it wont happen again :)
Sam Sneed cold-lamping and chilling hard! So I got to the crib on Friday and these cats had taken all the shit from the studio...

...and set it up at the crib. That's right baby, beat making right at your finger tips.

Casual T. I'll tell you right here and now, this is the best MC in Joburg. Hands Motherfuckin Down! Forget all those cats you see one TV and hear on the radio, they aint got shit on Casual. That's right, I said it!

Doing the business before we headed out to this joint out in town. Somewhere. Out There.
So we rolling around and shit trying to find this place and we kinda had no luck at all. I think this is when we were somewhere in Hillbrow. You know for all the slack that Hillbrow gets, I think it would be a great place to take photos what with all the nice architecture and what not there. Not that I'm willing to try it anytime soon, well not at night at least. Yeah, call me a woosy but let's see you hang out there anytime after nine and not drop a nugget in your pants.
I just figured it out!!!! This is why the name the place Mind your head. OH-HOH!!! Cause you literally have to mind your head when you get there and go inside. Yes, blonde moment I know.
People doing the damn thing. It's kinduva cool joint to hang out at to be honest. But it kinda reminds me of the underground days back in Cape Town. Lots and LOTS of dreadlocks to go around! Like a fucken Dread Fest. I'm just saying. Strike a pose! What is this 1970's and are you guys on the cover of Drum magazine or what? HAHA! Me & Casual. I still dont see the resemblance. DJ What-What. HAHA, I'm lying his name isnt DJ What-What but I think I heard that as a DJ name before. How fucken corny is that shit! What-wizzle in the hizzle! Strike a pose sohn!
So the band that was playing that night was I think Dr Bardelli or something. Breeze got the proceedings in order but that was before...

...could put the mic on. Tsk Tsk Tsk...amatuers. HAHAHA! Liv-Luv, Sneed & Casual

Bodacious Booty! I've realised that I have to get at least one of these shots every night just to make it an entire evening. I'm not a pervert or anything, I just really like booties. Especially really juicy ones like this one.
The Doctor...

...Ms Doo-Woop...

And the Bardelli's, well one of the Bardelli's at least. Quite an entertaining band. I think any live performance is great actually, its just that much better! Even if the band is shit, it'll still sound better live than on wax.
Chinchillering in the cutters. Ms Chapman looking all Budda and shit. Or is it Arabian?
See...muchos dreadlocks. And I'm stuck right between the shit. Phuck this, I've decided I hang out with too many nigga's. It's like a fucken Dude Factory or somin'. This shit must change. Bring on the chicas! Decided to go home from here on out and catch some well deserved Z's.

8 comments:

Heartwarmer said...

Mara why use the word bitches? Ah suavey, you disappoint sometimes. I just don't get it...what's the big fascination with the word? Maybe if you explain I'll understand and not care. It's just too cheap a word to describe such priceless material.
But hey, guess this is your space huh.

Anonymous said...

mid you head. i like it.

sheesh dude. i tell you. dread locks.. phuck 'em. so many in CT it's scary. it's not even original anymore. the Rastas must be cursing.

Suavé said...

Heartwarmer > My bad, I didnt know it would affect anybody that much. I would explain the origins of me using it but you'll probably pass off my reasoning as futile so I'll refrain from any such action.

Just for you I've changed it m'kay :)

O-D > LOL! Yeah dude, you actually made me laugh out loud with that comment. Poor rasta's must be bitching! I remember exactly all them cats with dreads in CT. They even take all the chica's too...phucken righteous pimps!

Anonymous said...

"....phucken righteous pimps!" -- thats the funniest thing i've read today,,,

yo, suave, can use this phrase,,, lol!
dam it's ill!

i know a whole lot of 'righteous pimps',,, lol!

Suavé said...

Go right ahead man. I know WAY too many righteous pimps myself dawg.

Heartwarmer said...

ah, you are such a sweety suave.

janine_j said...

hey there suave-ster ... long time no blog to, ne? the novelty hasn't worn off, just been disconnected, travelling the other two major cities in this beautiful country, shoulda tried to connect with you while i was in JHB, but will try next time. glad 2 c you're still up to your usual antics. and forget about your dread-hate - i've had them and i used to be on some dating strictly dread men tip when i was in CPT. yes, they do take all the women...

Suavé said...

Retro > You know I feel like should be mad at you but it's all good. Welcome back!!! Yeah maybe you should have shouted a holla but it's all good, maybe next time eh? And yes I know, the "love of my life" is dating a coloured dreaded guy nogal! It's just too damn much I tell ya *sniffle*