16 May 2007

Truckin'

Whats good! Yup, I'm aight I guess. I've have climbed the examinations mountain and I have reached the peak. I am now plateau'ing and patiently awaiting my descent. So for now I shall no longer speak of it. Lets just let it be yeah. Anyway besides that thing are good. I'm enjoying the city and its vibe. I guess that whole thing about CPT being a shitty city really depends on who you hang with cause its been good to me. The only thing I suppose would be the bullshit factor is that there is nowhere people like me chill in the night-time. I guess there is The Strip(read: Long Street) but it gets a little boring after a while. And besides town where else would you chill? I'm just saying. But as time has come to pass we have conquered this hurdle and found us a coupla things to do. Moving along...


So on SaturdayI had slept over in the city centre and we woke up to go truckin thru the city with Sneed. He stays like right in the thick of things so it makes it pretty easy to get around.
See the 'high-rises' in the background? The one difference with CPT is that you can actually go straight up into the city and hang out as opposed to JHB where that kinda shit aint possible. Well I guess it is possible but it's probably not advisable namean unless you trying to get jacked.
It's quite quaint with all its little coffee shops and things to do. I aint never been to Europe but I'm guessing that this is what it would be like. Anyway we went into some little tobacco store off Market to get us some...
...ciggarello's. Mmmm, that shit good man! If you a smoker then you can appreciate these things. But whatever you do, don't inhale unless you got a pair of iron lungs.
We went past the good the world famous Green Market Square. Didnt buy shit though. You know how it is being a student and all. And in case you were wondering why these two young black males were walking around holding a pimp cup then I'll tell ya: I dont know. Sneed took it with and said something about returning it to its owner but that never seemed to happen. We was luggin that thing around everywhere.
Anyway since we was philandering around, we decided to check out Gangsta G and Emkay at their spot. You might have noticed that they have moved here as well from JHB. They got a pretty toight place too!
No matter what, we still keeps it gangsta!!! HAHAH
Bumped into this shequida on our travels. I have no idea who she is but she seemed to know me. I think. Or maybe she was just very friendly. Whatever.After a coupla minutes conversation we walked up to Ptay's spot by the gardens to shout her a holla. She's one of the coolest chicks out here man. Real genuine girl. There aren't enough women like her nowadays.
Anyway she was hooking me up with all the good shit. I mean ALL the good shit! And if you good to a brother I just might slang it to you! Not really.And check out the view from her place yo! This shit is sick! This is what you see when you look above...
...and this is what you see when you look below. Gawd damn!Anyway we tugged on and went through the gardens to get back to the home......and saw a couple going for a leisurely stroll on the cart thing. Awww how sweet. If you look close it looks like the horse-driver is macking too. HAHA!
Yeah if you ever move to CPT, do yourself a favour and move into the city centre. I aint hating on the souther suburbs or even the northern suburbs(actually fuck them, they whack), this is just the joint to be at. Fo true!
Anyway we took a swing by UCT to scoop me Julie and her friend cause we figured we'd end off the day by going to the other side of the mountain and catch the sunset...
...and we hadn't been there but 5 minutes and already some kid was asking for some change. Yo I seriously dont get this shit at all! You cant go nowhere in this city without being asked: "Gee a vyf rand" or "Bitjie change boeta" or "Gee a skyf daarso". And everybody has a story. Either you gotta go to a job interview in Simonstown or your left left you or you need a beer. WTF! And I hate the fact that these little kids who are at least a decade younger than me call me "boytjie". Dont you know that I will smack the black off you motherfucker? Now stop asking me for shit. Anyway...woooooo-saaaaaa.
Just call me Scottie Pippen. HAHA!For a second I thought that we were about to be jacked cause these cats came outta nowhere and walked straight up to us like they knew us. And they were lookin all kinds of thug too. I know I shouldnt judge a book by its cover but if you rocking your good clothes and a pair of all stars at the beach then you there to do more than enjoy the sunset namean. Unless you there to mack on some bitches or whatever...
This is on the other side of the mountain. That behind me is the infamous Camps Bay. We were chilling on Glen Beach though but you could see Camps Bay from where we were. 12 Jiggy Points!Parlaying in the cut...
...and taking it easy.
I was having fun with the camera here and trying to capture things from and obscure angle. And yes that is my tat. Dont ask what it means cause I aint gonna tell you.
Not many places you can enjoy this kinda view from in the world innit? So, what did you do this Saturday?


Outty

3 comments:

Champagne Heathen said...

I am loving the snazy wine glass in the pics. I just thought you were on a wine tour ...hahhahahahhmmmmm...sorry, slow Friday.

How about we go sundowning in Camps Bay in June/ July?? Hey? Hey? I am CRAVING some Cape time now!

Muchos Weekend Smoochos to you!

Oh and...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOG! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOG! HAAAAAAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOOOOOOOOG! Happy Birthday to MY BLOG!

ChewTheCud said...

Yo cuz! Sounds awesome. you livin it. We are making a play date for mid june k? You feel me? I'm keen to hit me some wine farms, paint CT a different color!

Dave said...

Nice photos man, makes me homesick!!!