28 July 2006

Karma Is A Bitch

I never do this but I think this is a special occasion.
PS - Dont mind the white guy. He's filling in for the black guy who's sick today.

I'm pissed the PHUCK off! Last night I got jacked. If you don't know what jacked means, it means to get mugged/robbed/stuck up by a stick up kid. Okay now I was not in the best of circumstances but none-the-less, I have had a taste of the criminal side of my country. I'm not really that angry really. I always figured that it would happen some day. To cut a long story short I found myself walking from Fairview(which is basically in central town) all the way to Killarney. Thanks Twiggle! Nice coming through on the lift there....bitch! I had to go via Yeoville to get to where I was going. Now I kinda knew already that something would happen so it wasn't a suprise to me. Anyway some-way/some-how I managed to hide my camera and my phone from the(thank you Lord) and they didn't manage to find anything besides my hairbrush and my bankcard. Now I STILL had to walk all the way to Killarney. Just to give you an idea, at the begining of my journey I saw Ponte as a building on the horizon. I walked all the way past it and when I finished my journey I couldn't even see it behind me. That my friend is one hell of a distance! I evetually bunped into somebody I knew and they gave me a ride home.

Now in weird twist of karma I found myself in a taxi this morning coming from Randburg. Traffic was backed up for days so I suggested to the taxi driver to take a short cut I know through the 'burbs. Now I was all the way at the back and I was shouting the directions over all the strange looks from my fellow passengers. Eventually I got them directly onto William Nciol after cutting out about a 30 minute wait in traffic. This was greeted by rawkus applause from the passengers who were patting my back and shaking my hand and the taxi driver in a never before seen act of kindness gave me my money back. I mean the taxi driver gave me a refund! WTF!?!? I was riding so high of my confidence that I hollered at some honey in the cab who was SO dope and was giving a brother the eye. She even gave me her digits and told me to holla!


Can you believe that shit?

23 comments:

Peas on Toast said...

Shit Suave!
Does this world work in the craziest of ways or what?
I'm so sorry you got mugged my man. Although walking through Yeoville, I'm not helluva surprised. Where did your mate/lift get to??
And despite the mugging, that's a long way to walk just in itself!

Shitters. Dude I'm sorry about this. Bloody hell. Hopw your weekend is better.
PS: Go blow off some steam ont he ice rink. It's great.
xx

Suavé said...

Yup, it's phucked I tell ya! There's friend of mine who stays in Killarney so my lift decided to go passed there to see if I might have gone there. Luckily we got there about the same time. But no sweat cause I still have all my belongings. My weekend is going to be a blast so at least there's that to look forward to.

PS - I'll definately go check it out!

guppa said...

Jozi Jozi- where for art though Jozi.

bru- hard luck with the mugging, just remember- everywhere else is simply boring compared to the frontier that is Jozi

Revolving Credit said...

While getting your ass jacked is not the greatest, you have to just look at how you've experinced life in the past 2 days.

Quite unlike some dude I spoke to who spent time in New Zealand recently.
Fuck all happens there!! You'd die of boredom I tell you... Why do you think they're into extreme sports like bungy jumping...cause it sure as hell beats spending your days counting sheep.

They should come here . Morning traffic in a taxi probabl;y qualifys as an extreme sport..ha,ha

Suavé said...

Guppay > Yeah bra, what can we say? I have a love/hate relationship with this city.


Rev > Yeah well I will admit that it has been quite an eventful two days. But then again every day is a helluva event with me.

Luckily the cab driver was a timid driver(this time 'round at least). Mind you, timid means he kind enuff to indicate but he'll still cut you off. What a city we live in eh!

Anonymous said...

yeh mate its dog eats dog out there

"lamuzika"

lamuzika said...

.

Suavé said...

Yeah guys what can we say huh? Pammy, you got jacked 3 time? Holy crap! That's crazy. So what, you didnt learn anything the last two times it happened or do you look like an easy victim? Hehehe ;)

And thank goodness I'm not hurt. *PHEW!*

Dolce said...

Suavo, man, I'm sorry! It sucks! Piles! I hope said mugger is infested with the fleas of a 1000 camels....

janine_j said...

That's swak , Suave! Shit, heavy stuff. I've personally never been a victim of crime, but I know that feeling, like "its gonna happen to me someday". This crime BS has gotta end, ne?!?!

Suavé said...

Yeah I know. I was just waiting for this day. I guess in a way I'm almost glad it happened cause now I know how to handle myself.

1. Do not look in their eyes. It'll just get you into trouble.
2. Dont be a hero!
3. If you hiding shit you better not let em find it. Or else your ass is grass!
4. Did I mention dont be a hero? Well DONT BE A HERO!!!

But I dont wish that on anybody. Horrible experience it is.

*SIGH*

guppa said...

bra, just looked down your blog a bit- Kagiso is there! I used to know him- he was my next door neighbour when he lived in parkhurst- i used to call him- "Big Bag of Cool". Tell him the whitey who used to wake him up 4 cofee at 6 in the morning and do a frank sinatra dance in his kitchen has found this blog in India en al.
small world.

Buzzing'Fly said...

Suavemeister... that is so not cool. I have been mugged by village walk (of all places) at gun point recently. Not fun..

Dont wish that intimidation on my worst enemy.

glad u ok tho, sounds like things could have been worse considering your little escapade thro central jhb ya.. ;)

Heartwarmer said...

What the hell you doing walking through Yeoville with camera, money and clothes? You outta your mind monna.
Shit! It just ain't safe no more. Contemplating going to a sangoma to hook up some kind of muthi to warn off peops with cruel intentions. For reals. I don't wanna be a victim!

Suavé said...

Guppa > Dude, get the fuck outta here! I'm guessing that this was out in Parkhurst yeah? Bra what are you doing in India if you used to stay in Parkhurst? You dont have a bags of cocaine tied to your intestines or anything do you? LOL! But dont worry, I'll holla at him bout you and get back to you. Small world it is!

Buzz > Well all I can say is that I'm STILL not over it. I'm mighty pissed of I tell you. And Twiggle if you reading...PHUCK YOU dude. Phew...feels good to get it out...again. But yeah let's just hope this never happens to me or to you or anybody else again! Not nice at all.

Heartwarmer > Well ngwana bathu, it's a long story but to cut it short I went to take my Vespa in for repairs in Fairview. I asked a friend to pick me up as I was coming straight from work. I still had all my belongings. So he didnt come after about 2 hours and it was getting dark so I decided I have to walk before getting into some SERIOUS trouble. Needless to say...it happened.

Anonymous said...

WTF!

harde, mfana,,,

alas, i believe your story, until the part where you say, 'the taxi driver gave back your money',,, don't know about that,,, lol!

i suppose, in the balance of karma, it has to be that.

harde, though!

Suavé said...

Dude, on the real! I mean I thought the dude was joking when he gave it back to me. Cause he did it in a sly way when I was getting out of the cab so that nobody could see but I think some of the few that were left in the taxi had caught on already. I couldnt beleive it myself bra!

Anonymous said...

Damn Suave. That's tough!
At least you still have your camera...

Anonymous said...

(lol)...u're a funny cat. I know your being mugged wasnt the greatest of things but the way you write is crazy funny , I was laughing the whole time reading this enrty!

Suavé said...

Jam > "It's like a jungle sometimes and makes we wonder how I keep from going under" - SugarHill Gang(I think)

Sloh > Thanks! I just do what comes naturally. ;)

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

dont kno if u'll ever read this, but yah dude, they took your what? hairbrush. no dawg, i did a double take on this one- your what? hmmmmm yikikiki yakkka kakaka hihihi.....

no seriously tho, harde joe.....