17 May 2006

Evening at the Grillhouse

Phuck. I cant believe I missed out on such a great photo opp last night. Damn! Okay I'll blame it on the liks(and a blunt or two) if it comes down to it. Well what had happened was that I uhm...uh...well....uh...ah fuck it! I guess I'm gona have to at least break down what the jist of the evening was. I feel like you looking at me like:

Ah well fuck it. Okay so here goes:

So I got a kite(that's a message by the way) from a friend of mine that she's moved literally one street away from me. How friggin awesome is that shit! So I hopped on my scooter and went to check her out cause thats what friends do. Well to cut a long story short we basically got to catch up on old times and she told me that a friend of ours Young Loy was having his birthday party at the Grillhouse. So we decided to go check it out and when we got there we realised that not only was he celebrating his birthday but there was also a farewell shindig for Kag Rock and The Barker.

*this is when I'm really kicking myself cause the pics should be for you to see, but alas...they are not*

Anyway, like I was saying these guys and a bunch of other comedians and people in the industry decided to make a film called Bunny Chow(write that down...no seriously) with a whole array of actors from SAfrica. So tomorrow they are hopping onto a plane and going to...wait for it...The Cannes International Movie Festival!!! Like Yessus right?!?! I couldnt believe it. So listen to me when I say that the next oscar nominated flick from SA is gona be coming from my people's yo! I'm so proud...
So in any case we were all there and having a ball and keepsin it proper chilled. So out of the blue Young Loy decides to get thoroughly trashed and get on top of tables and get down. Needless to say he was almost kicked out for his unruly behaviour and for breaking a table he was jumping on. So in the classic way that birthday boys end up, an entire hour later we found him snuggled on one of the couches conked the fuck out! Classic.

Anyway, twaz a great evening actually. Needless to say that I got minimal sleep but at least I wasnt drinking this time 'round. At least not as much as usual.

Till the next installment in "The Days of My Life" my pedigree chums!

Peaces!

5 comments:

Suavé said...

Well no, unfortunately I'm not the one going myself. Boo! But beleive me, I was jealous too, but all in all I'm proud of the fact that they're going. I aint seen the flick yet but from what I hear, it's quite great. Keep an ear and an eye open for it!

Peas on Toast said...

I will indeed.

Anonymous said...

Hey there.. stumbled across your blog thru peas' blog ... sounds like my boy Young Loy had a rawkus party....I knew I recognised your mug from somewhere. I suppose I should properly intro myself -- I'm YoungLoy's ex-girl, the one with the Afro from CPT... interesting blog. I'm a fan

Suavé said...

Aha...the ex-girl with the afro. I remember you. Hey great to meet you again. Thanks by the way and welcome to my blog. Hope you well J.

Anonymous said...

Active Garden - garden products - garden houses, grillhouses, summer houses and other log products

http://www.activegarden.eu/en/wooden_product_log.php

http://www.activegarden.eu/en/sauna_gazebo_shelter.php


http://www.activegarden.eu/en/outdoor_sauna_gazebo.php